Any AIX 4 hacker around?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:41:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi

We have problems getting curl 7 to build and run properly on AIX 4. Or
rather, I don't have access to any such system, why I need help from someone
that could have a go at adjusting a few minor things.

I need help from someone using AIX 4, as it uses a gethostbyname_r() function
not seen in other unixes (it might be similar in Digital Unix though, but I
haven't had that verified yet).

As of right now, we cannot build a thread-safe libcurl under AIX4, and if we
decide to build it unsafe (as a new configure script switch now allows me),
it gives silly run-time warnings. I'd like both these problems addressed.

Rich Gray has patiently run test after test I've sent him, but I feel we
won't get this sorted out without help.

Please mail me if you think you can help!

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77