Re: Linking problem in Win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:20:10 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Dung Luong Dinh wrote:

> The problem is that i have compiled the curl library by vc6(Visual C
> 6.0). When i wrote a test program(C++) and link it with curl lib, I get
> the following link error:
>
> link /NOLOGO /INCREMENTAL:NO /LIBPATH:c:/temp /DEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT.LIB
> /OUT:c:/temp/tHttp.exe c:/temp/qbHttp.obj c:/temp/tHttp.obj curl.lib
> curl.lib(getdate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _alloca
>
> I look at the getdate.c function but i have no idea to solve this
> problem.

The alloca() problem has been an annoying problem for a long time. I recently
discovered that I can avoid this by generating the getdate.c file with a
newer version of bison, and since then there's no alloca() call in the
getdate.c source.

If you get a more recent version of curl, this problem won't be included.

Also, getting version 6 of curl for using with your own application is not
recommended. libcurl version 7 is modified pretty much so you'll have to
change a lot of things when you upgrade. Go with version 7 right away
instead.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77