RE: Return code 142 and HTTPS:// ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:27:27 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 15 May 2000, MOREAU Luc wrote:

> /usr/local/bin/curl -vm 90 -b cookies -o fetched.tyirc9 -D
> fetched.tyirc9.head ers -3 https://www.europayonline.net/
>
> using -v does not seem to help debug the problem (there is no output at
> all on stdout/stderr and the output files remain empty).

That is very strange. When using -v, it should say something like 'Connected
to www.europayonline.net' that performs even before any SSL stuff is run.

This looks as if either the host resolve or the connect call takes an awful
lot of time. I take it you can browse that page fine with a browser?

You won't like this, but I'd recommend you to compile and install curl and
openssl from source and then use gdb to step through the program until it
hangs.

Unless anyone else has some bright ideas of course...

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77