Re: LDAP as an email verifier

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:07:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Marco G. Salvagno wrote:

> The second one is about using curl's LDAP support to verify a list of
> email addresses.

Curl supports ldap and the ldap URL format. I'm afraid I don't know much
about LDAP or anything so I'm not the right person to ask. But the example in
the README.curl is a fully working ldap url that I've used myself to extract
email addresses from an ldap server.

> I was wondering how much work it would be for you to put LDAP support
> into your cURL for os/2 port.

Curl uses the openldap library interface, using dynamic load (dlopen() et al)
and if you have OS/2 versions of the library and the dl-functionality it
wouldn't be that tricky. If you don't, it would be a matter of changing stuff
and then I really can't estimate the work without knowing more about OS/2's
support for dl and openldap.

*I* will not port it to OS/2, since I don't have any machine running OS/2. I
can however help and assist someone else who's willing to do the work.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77