Re: ANNOUNCE: curl 6.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:42:27 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Janne Johansson wrote:

> Firstly, the lib is built with -g but not with -O2, this makes a 30k
> difference on m68k. Is it by design?

No, this is left as an exercise to the reader! :-P Nah, seriously, it is a
mistake. That CFLAGS line should be commented in the Makefile.am file, it is
only there for my testing purposes.

> Secondly, OpenBSD didn't like #include <malloc.h> and says it's obsoleted
> by unistd.h. Something to look into? It still compiles, but it might not
> work forever with the "wrong" include-file.

I just modified my version of getdate.c (more specificly the getdate.y) to
feature a #ifdef HAVE_MALLOC_H and then I added a check for malloc.h in the
configure script. That'll at least prevent it from trying to include the file
unless it actually has it. I'm afraid it won't save you from getting those
ugly warnings though!

#include files are a bit tricky since all those systems out there have their
own opinion of what files that should do what...

> In file included from getdate.y:32:
> /usr/include/malloc.h:4: warning: #warning "<malloc.h> is obsolete,
> use <stdlib.h>"

I found out that the getdate.c does include stdlib.h, if HAVE_STDLIB_H is
set. But it is never set, because my configure script never checks for it! I
correct this as well.

> If you want to collect strange binaries, I have saved
> the m68k-openbsd curl binary at:
> ftp://icepic.dynarc.se/pub/curl-openbsd-m68k.tgz

I prefer to "point" at it. I have lousy bandwidth to the curl.haxx.nu site
and I already have some 40+ packages in my public directory. Can you keep it
there for while?

Thanks for your feedback!

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77