Re: Progress Meter, Statistics

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:44:56 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 11:35:20AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > For now curl
> > displays every second the average speed of the last 5 seconds. I would prefer
> > to display every n seconds the average speed of the last n seconds.
>
> I just think that would be a little too much fiddle with very specialized
> information, that hardly anyone but you would ever use.
>
> [ -s vs -S ]
>
> I don't intend to change -s nor -S as of this moment.

Ok, my modifications might be too specialized to put them into the standard
distribution. I think i'm going to write a separate stats-module besides the
progress-Modules and activate it via an extra switch (is there still a letter
left from the alphabet? ;-)) If you like, you may or may not integrate it
into curl 6.5 or 6.6 or whatever...

Anyone else here on the list interested in something like a statistics module?

Bye,
Georg