Progress Meter, Statistics

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:08:52 +0100

Hi there,

i'm new to this list, since i just (well a few weeks ago) discoverd the
curl tool. I want to use it in a project where we are going to measure
transfer rates to/from various ftp- and web-servers. Therefore the
following options would be nice in addition to the progressbar as it is
now:

1: Don't display any statistics at all (not the -s switch, since -s
suppresses errors too...)

2: Just display a summary at the end of the download, as it happens now
when the total number of bytes is less than LEAST_SIZE_PROGRESS, but in
a _single_ line without the \r at the beginning:
        1174 bytes received in 0.024 seconds (49167 bytes/sec)
This will be used to determine just the overall transfer rate.

3: Display statitics data in a configurable intervall during the
download like this:
        TIME RECEIVED % CURR-SPEED
        00:00:02 1100648 9 1098021
        00:00:04 3376564 10 1117624
This will be used to determine how the transfer rate varies during a
transfer.

One could use the -s switch for this: -s behaves like it is now, and -sx
selects option number x from the above list.

Any comments or further suggestions on this?

Bye,
Georg