RE: experimental 6.5pre1

From: Hartroth, Jörn <Joern.Hartroth_at_telekom.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:38:01 +0100

Hi all,

just a comment concerning the fate of the hashed progress bar that has been disabled from the present curl-6.5pre1.
For download-only or upload-only transfers I would be happy to see the #-progress bar kept just like it was before, which means that it'll subsequently fill one line (79 cols) with '#' characters in proportion to the current progress mark.
For combined download/upload operations the easiest extension would probably be to split the line into two parts separated by a colon (or any other character you fancy) and possibly add two labels 'D'own and 'U'p giving you a display like:

> curl <parameters>

or perhaps

> curl <parameters>

If you really want to get a shine on this feature, make the two portions proportional to their respective sizes, otherwise just split the line in half.

Just my $0.02.

Joern