Re: Can't get SSL support!

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:34:49 -0800

adam beecher wrote:

> Which seems fairynuff, because they don't seem to be where (or what) they
> should be - there's a libssl.so in /usr/lib/apache and a libcrypt.so (no
> "o") in /usr/lib. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I would appreciate a fairly
> dumbed down answer - I'm really a bit of an amateur, and I only understand
> the basics. I would like to get this installed though, because I'm trying to
> write some PHP scripts to interface with a transaction server, and cURL
> would seem to be perfect for the job.

In this case, shoot for the easy answer instead of beating yourself up
about it -- go to ftp.zedz.net and in the directory
/pub/crypto/redhat/i386 are the OpenSSL RPMs; grab them both (well,
-devel not really needed, but it may come in handy later) and install
them. Then install the curl-ssl RPM, and you're done.

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,