curl / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

Re: Presentation: The state of curl 2020

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 17:46:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:

> I'm always inspired when attending curl://up and I'd hate to lose that this
> year.

Oh me too. For me, this is the by far most exciting conference/event
through-out the entire year.

> My plan is to reserve the weekend to watch any prerecorded talks that people
> make available.

Yes! It would be awesome if more people would pre-record the suggested talks,
and then we can enjoy them and discuss them the curl up 2020 weekend.

I have a whole bunch with my name on the ideas page but I'm not going to be
able to make them all. I think I managed to cram a lot into my state of curl
one, but maybe I'll be able to do some additional ones as well.

> What would work for me would be to have a published "schedule" of these
> talks (playlist, maybe?) with perhaps two slots (maybe at noon and at 4 PM)
> for a group video chat to discuss the couple of talks immediately preceding
> on the playlist.

I would join! If we don't have that many talks, we can perhaps even make it
into a single, slightly longer, session.

I figure we need to arrange a groupvideo setup that can handle perhaps 20+
attendees. If anyone already has that ability (which presumably means an
account at such a service as I can find any free service that provides this
reliably) and can be in charge of setting these up, please let me know.

Otherwise I'll need to work out how to do it myself.

> This would only work if we have enough people to commit to recording their
> talks ahead of time

Let's rearrange the 2020 wiki page to become a list of what talks that are
recorded and that hopefully can get recorded!

I've started: https://github.com/curl/curl-up/wiki/2020

I'll email everyone on the ideas list separately to push for a recording!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!