curl / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl-meet

First ask, then figure out costs/price

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 13:14:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I think we should consider asking people to sign up to the meeting first, then
figure out how much it'll cost and charge people. Right now we have a too
vague idea of what amounts of people to expect and get things organized for.
10 or 40 will make a significant difference.

I have a sign-up form prepared (Google forms). Dan, I recall you had some
additional suggestions for what to ask for in there but right now I couldn't
find that email.

I intend to ask for:

  - name + email (to allow us to contact the attendees)
  - country of origin (for our curiosity)
  - "I expect/wish this from this meeting" (free form)
  - "I agree to pay the deemed fee before-hand" (mostly to make people aware of
     the situation that it isn't a completely free event)
  - "My dietary restrictions" (free form, like vegetarian or allergic to bla
    bla)
  - "I'm interested in joining the dinners at" (fri, sat, sun)
  - "I'm leaving at" (to help us plan the Sunday)

What else do we want to know?

We will not use the name or emails for anything else than this meeting
arrangements.

Attendees HAVE TO sign up to attend