cURL / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl-meet

Swag (was Re: Organizing the curl meeting)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 13:23:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016, Dan Fandrich via curl-meet wrote:

Oops, forgot to reply to this!

>> Right, it mostly comes down to having to contact places that can print such
>> products, figure out how many, put down money before-hand and deliver them
>> so that we won't have to carry them with us...
>
> I assume that Teespring isn't very competitive for bulk T-Shirts then?

Right, they're fine if you want a few for yourself but not really for larger
volumes. If we can find a German place I figure we can benefit from cheaper
shipping.

It would be cool if we could get someone to sponsor tshirts. I know I've had
offers on that in the past.

> I took a quick look at the PDF for the first time and it looks great! I
> noticed a few things that might not translate directly to a printed copy,
> though.

> Can the gitbook workflow generate a more dead-tree-read output?

I don't think so. gitbook seems pretty targetted to doing ebooks and I haven't
found any particular help for adding such things that would make it better on
dead-tree. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other systems that can do this
though and the source being entirely in markdown probably makes it fairly
portable. It is more of a question if it is worth the effort. I won't prevent
anyone from doing it, but I don't feel like spending a lot of my own energy on
improving the output for a physical media.