Re: curl_easy_recv and SIGPIPE

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 15:59:38 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020, Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library wrote:

> I don't think there's anything to do here in libcurl, beyond confirming (or
> denying!) that sigpipe_ignore is /supposed/ to be a no-op if neither OpenSSL
> or Mbed TLS is in use, a fact I discovered while looking into this other
> issue.

Yes it's on purpose, because it's not needed.

libcurl is designed and meant to prevent signals to get sent (if asked to) and
it should do that no matter which TLS backend it uses.

OpenSSL and mbedTLS provide no way for us to prevent the signals from
(potentially) being triggered so we must ignore them then. Other backends,
like the Secure Transport one, allow us to not generate any SIGPIPEs, so we
don't need to add ignore any signals there. It is much better to avoid the
hassle of ignoring signals.