Re: curl_easy_recv and SIGPIPE

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 00:30:40 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library wrote:

> Based on the `#if defined`s in sigpipe.h, from what I can tell, curl doesn't
> protect anything from SIGPIPE unless OpenSSL or MBEDTLS are in use. I don't
> know whether your intention was to protect against SIGPIPE more broadly or
> not.

We make sure that no writes to the socket allows SIGPIPE by using MSG_NOSIGNAL
or SO_NOSIGPIPE, depending on target system.

> Admittedly my build is using a "non-standard" config-ios.h,

... and I don't know which of those systems, if any, works on iOS. Maybe you
need a third approach there.

> but the result is USE_SECTRANSP which I believe is supported and also
> available for use by Mac builds. Unless I'm missing something, this
> condition would also cause a SIGPIPE

I don't think so, since it uses callbacks to our code for the actual sending
to the socket and we set the socket to not cause sigpipes. At least that's the
intention.