Re: curl_easy_recv and SIGPIPE

From: Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 16:36:11 +0000

On 26/10/2020 16:15, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library
> wrote:
>
>> curl_easy_perform temporarily ignores /SIGPIPE/.
>>
>> Why doesn't curl_easy_recv? Should it?
>
> I can't remember that this is a deliberate decision. I
> think we just haven't done the necessary work. Should be
> easy to fix.
>
> Are you up to doing a pull request with such a change?

On closer examination, sigpipe_ignore is a no-op unless
USE_OPENSSL or USE_MBEDTLS are set.

So it seems the call in curl_easy_perform is only really
intended to eat up pipes raised by either of those
libraries, thus perhaps they don't really make sense on a
"raw" byte-reading function.

It also means I'm looking in the wrong place for a fix for
my problem!

Cheers