curl_easy_recv and SIGPIPE

From: Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 16:03:42 +0000

Hi guys,

curl_easy_perform temporarily ignores /SIGPIPE/.

Why doesn't curl_easy_recv? Should it?

I'm finding that curl_easy_recv after sending an iOS app to
the background via the lock button, then waking it all up
again, can raise /SIGPIPE/ (which crashes the app in my case).

Fundamentally, this is either because Xcode loses its
debugger attachment when the iPad is locked and is therefore
no longer handling a signal that was being raised all along,
or because iOS is dropping existing global signal handlers
on wake when it shouldn't... or both... but, before I go
digging around to find a good fix, I'm curious as to why
curl_easy_recv doesn't just do sigpipe_ignore.

Cheers