Re: libcurl configuration for sftp

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 07:46:57 -0700

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 09:06:14AM -0500, Michael Loutris wrote:
> > On 10/14/2020 12:35 AM Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 06:42:50PM -0500, Michael Loutris via curl-library wrote:
> > > I am trying to securely transfer a file between two windows 10 devices, and I
> > > get error 67, "CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED" when calling curl_easy_perform(). All of
> > > the curl_easy_setopt() calls return success.
> > >
> > > The server has been configured as an SSH server using OpenSSH for Windows 10
> > > and using OpenSSH commands from a Windows command prompt are successful in
> > > transferring files.
> >
> > When you use these commands, does the logging show that authentication is
> > performed with username+password, or is it being done with a key? Is the key
> > encrypted on disk?
> >
> > Dan
> Logging shows that authentication is done with a non-encrypted key.

Good—that proves the key is working. Next, I'd confirm that there's not a
compatibility issue with the ssh backend you're using. Which one is that? For
example, recent OpenSSH has disabled many protocols supported by libssh2 and it
sometimes has trouble negotiating a compatible one. Can you connect to the
server using the appropriate command-line tool associated with the backend in
use? For example, can you do an sftp download using the examples/sftp program
in libssh2 (using the same library version as your libcurl and changing the
keyfile* variables appropriately)?