curl protection for password at process memory

From: מעיין בן חיים via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 17:12:26 +0300

Hi,

I don't know whether this is a known issue or not, so I ask here before
reporting this issue.

When using librucrl, I want to have basic http authentication (I use
CURLOPT_USERNAME and CURLOPT_PASSWORD for that).
However, if I create a dump of my process, I can see the password as plain
text at process memory dump file.

I'm sure it comes from libcurl, as I clean my password buffer, right after
passing it to libcurl.

As part of "defence in depth" strategy, I want to protect my process from
core dump attacks.

My question is:
1. Is this a known issue of libcurl?
2. Should I open/report a bug for this?