Re: FW: GET http request

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 16:46:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020, Dewancker, Bart via curl-library wrote:

> As I understand it, the first request in the WireShark is sent by our video
> recorder. After the unauthorized response, we see in the WireShark that a
> second request is sent to the Axis camera. But we do not launch a second
> request in our video recorder. Is this second request launched by the
> libcurl?

You're using libcurl to request a resource and you give it instruction on how
to do it. In your case you've told it that using HTTP Digest authentication is
okay, and so libcurl must do two requests. The first one gets a 401 back with
details in the headers that it then uses to produce the second request that
then shouldn't get a 401. Both requests are done by libcurl. As requested.

> I have simulated with the command line and indeed see a second request in
> which the url is unchanged compared to the first request. But why are we
> seeing the changed url in the WireShark?

It shouldn't change, it's a bug. But a bug we've not heard of before which
makes me suspect the origin of it isn't in libcurl. I could be wrong of
course.

If it would be in libcurl, then surely the curl command line would also do it
that way?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!