Re: [RELEASE] curl 7.71.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 18:26:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020, Dennis Clarke wrote:

>>> TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 1167
>>
>> This test runs tests/badsymbols.pl which then *probably* fails to detect
>> and discard symbols that come from other include files than the
>> curl-specific headers.
>
> Should we care about fixing this test on a very limited platform?
>
> Surely I could step through with a debugger and see where the problem lay.

I think it is. Usually that means it can or will happen on other platforms
too.

You won't need a debugger - but you will need some perl awareness. That test
script runs the preprocessor on curl headers and checks the output to verify
that no curl header defines a symbol that doesn't start with (case
insensitive) "curl".

In your failing case it probably mistakes a system header and wrongly thinks a
curl header did the wrong thing.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!