CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER - multiple paths

From: Vermeire, Baudewijn via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 09:40:24 +0000

Hello;
in the past few weeks we had a certificate issue on your webservices.
Our desktop application did not handle well; i mean the certificate issue was not reported at all.
I am now testing the connection by setting
curl_easy_setopt( theCurlHandle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1);
as well as debug flag.

It reports error
X509_V_ERR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN, but investigation learns that
certificate has 2 paths which 1 of them if valid and other has 'self signed cert'.
How can is setup curl lib so that it 'VERIFYPEER' , so that connection succeeds if there is still 'a valid path';
despite some that having error?

best regards

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.