RE: Considering a version 8 at some point...

From: Erik Janssen via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 07:09:02 +0000

> I agree with jumping to the version 8 as long as we define what would be the futur scheme post-8.

> - Having an important step forward/addition to the project?

Would it make sense to keep version 7 as a 'Long Term Support' version that receives bugfixes and security updates but no features? Version 8 would evolve as normal with higher risk of facing issues when upgrading

I think it does happen that people upgrade and notice things stop working. An LTS version would add value for a part of the userbase. There is a risk of course that some of the work doubles for you fine group of volunteers

Erik