pycurl denpendent on libcurl4-openssl-dev or libcurl4-gnutls-dev.

From: Hongyi Zhao via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 11:23:36 +0800

Hi,

On Ubuntu 20.04 with python 3.8.3, I try to install pycurl and find
that it depends on libcurl4-openssl-dev or libcurl4-gnutls-dev for
building some c extensions. As a result, I must first run the
following command to install the dependencies:

$ sudo apt-get install libcurl4 libcurl4-openssl-dev
or
$ sudo apt-get install libcurl4 libcurl4-gnutls-dev

And I also find that the above two dependencies are mutually
exclusive, i.e., I only install and use one of them.

OTOH, if I compile and install the latest curl using its git master
source code, should I still need to install the above dependencies?

Any hints will be highly appreciated.

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>