Re: Let libcurl return the full list of mirror's URLs for a downloading file.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 19:29:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020, Hongyi Zhao via curl-library wrote:

> As you can see, it seems libcurl returns the random URL for the target file.

I would rather say it like this:

The *web server* returns a random URL for the target file.

> I want to know whether libcurl has the capability of obtaining all the
> potential mirror's URLs.

libcurl is not a magician, it just delivers to the client what the server
responds. In this case it seems the server does some round robin or something
and delivers different Location: URLs for different requests.

libcurl doesn't know anything about where the target URL may exist, only the
server knows that and it apparently delivers one of them for each request.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!