Re: Cross-compiled generating error 77 in application

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 03:31:59 -0400

On 6/19/2020 3:17 AM, Ray Satiro wrote:
> If you use the Schannel backend (native WIndows SSL) instead of
> OpenSSL then you do not need a separate bundle of certificates, the
> Windows OS certificate store is used by default. The next version of
> curl (7.71, to be released next week) will support that for OpenSSL
> but not by default, you would use CURLSSLOPT_NATIVE_CA [5] to enable it.

To clarify the changes in the next version, it appears the curl tool w/
OpenSSL on Windows will fall back on the native CA store when no
certificate bundle is found. [1] That may override hardcoded paths in
libcurl. I will seek clarification on that.

[1]:
https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/fa4fbc5/src/tool_operate.c#L2415-L2428