Re: Curl's network performance is slower than IDM.

From: Hongyi Zhao via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 07:28:35 +0800

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> 于2020年6月19日周五 上午5:30写道:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2020, Patrick Schlangen wrote:
>
> > Interestingly, IDM showed max 13.5 MB/s with an average total download time
> > of 93 seconds, while curl showed max 12.0 MB/s and took 86 seconds for the
> > same file on average. So actually curl was faster but displayed the lower
> > max transfer rate.
>
> Thanks a lot Patrick for this simple and yet very revealing experiment!

Another consideration came to my mind the speed computation method
used in two tools. In detail:

speed = downloaded_bytes / time_duration

What I want to confirm is whether the different criterions for data
package statistics are used for speed computation between IDM curl.
Say, for downloaded_bytes, whether only take account in the payload,
for time_duration, whether only take count in the real payload
downloading duration?

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>