Re: Why does libcurl call “gettimeofday” during curl_easy_perform?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 23:55:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> I came up with this approach to reduce the amount quite drastically:
>
> https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/5575

I'm looking for people who run curl on systems where system calls to
gettimeofday() or similar makes an impact (ie they're not blazingly fast).
Does a change like #5575 actually make a measurable impact when doing
transfers, or is just a lot of work for no gain?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!