CII Best Practices: curl now at Silver level

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 10:29:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I went back to https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/63
yesterday and updated a few fields and now it turns out we are qualified at
the Silver level and 91% on Gold.

As far as I can see, there are now only two small requirements left that we
don't fulfill to reach Gold but I also don't plan on working very hard to meet
them as I don't think they matter very much to us. Let me elaborate:

  "The project MUST clearly identify small tasks that can be performed by new
   or casual contributors"

We have the TODO and KNOWN_BUGS documents and we've marked issues in github
with "help wanted" for years (the latter with basically zero effect). I don't
want to assume or spend many brain cycles on what's good for newbies or what's
"easy" or not. I rather everyone judges that for themselves.

If someone can come up with a way we can do this with minimum effort, then I
wouldn't mind doing it.

  "The project MUST document its code review requirements, including how code
   review is conducted, what must be checked, and what is required to be
   acceptable."

This seems like a worthwhile document to have as it could help us improve our
code reviews. I'll probably try to get started on something like this soon. If
you have a good starter document or know of a good resource we can "get
inspired by" (read: copy) then please let me know!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!