Re: Curl thinks SSL cert for code.jquery.com has expired

From: Felipe Gasper via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 18:25:21 -0400

It’s the Sectigo (fka Comodo) “AddTrust” root certificate, which just expired on Saturday.

The standard root bundle includes a “UserTrust” root certificate that’s signed by that AddTrust certificate, and the presence of that certificate in the root bundle should obviate any need for the AddTrust root, but apparently OpenSSL is failing the validation because of the expired AddTrust root even though UserTrust is a trusted root.

More details about the Sectigo side:
https://support.sectigo.com/Com_KnowledgeDetailPage?Id=kA03l00000117LT

-F