using CURLOPT_SSLCERT with self-signed certificate or non-ca-signed certificates

From: Nicolas Mora via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 11:49:06 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to use self-signed client certificates in TLS handshakes
between libcurl and libmicrohttpd.

So far I'm not able to retrieve the client certificate on the server
side if the client certificate isn't signed by the server CA. I try to
narrow down where the limitation comes from.

Is it possible with libcurl to use a self-signed client certificate?
CURLOPT_SSLCERT documentation doesn't provide information about that.

Thanks in advance

/Nicolas