Re: Testing curl on Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:59:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020, Brent Ufkes via curl-library wrote:

> I am struggling a bit with getting the tests to work with my custom built
> curl.exe. I am currently building for Windows, so my dev steps go as
> follows;

I don't build or develop on Windows myself, but the existing CI jobs that
build on Windows and run tests are either built with mingw or cmake.

> 1. buildconf.bat
> 2. cd <curl_home>/winbuild/
> 3. nmake /f Makefile.vc ....
> 4. cd <curl_home>/tests
>
> If you compare this to Linux, Linux has the built in "make test" command
> that runs "runtests.pl".
>
> Are there steps that I am missing to set up my Windows environment to make
> it ready to run "runtests.pl" with my custom built curl? I am currently
> running into errors like the following:

You also need to build the entire test suite, which is normally done with
"make" in the tests directory. I don't think the visual studio build can do
that.

> D:\curl\curl\tests>perl runtests.pl -p -c curl.exe -k
> D:\Tools\gnu\make.exe: *** No way to make target `show'. Stop.

That logic is not adapted for the Windows visual studio builds.

> Can't exec "server/disabled": No such file or directory at runtests.pl line
> 2688.

... because the suite suite and involved tools have not been built.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!