Re: Help: libcurl debug

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 23:52:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 May 2020, Kunal Chauhan wrote:

> my curl version is : 7.35.0

1. Please stop top-posting. It makes this very hard to read and follow and
    as YOU have the problem, you should strive to make OUR reading
    experience easier and faster.

2. Your libcurl is very old and has lots of known vulnerabilities. You will be
    better off by upgrading to a modern version before wasting time looking to
    fix a problem which *might* be a libcurl problem we fixed 6 years ago.

3. Build your code with debug symbols (-g on with gcc or clang) so that you
    get told exact line numbers and variable contents for stack frames. When
    you get problems *inside* libcurl, a good advice is to also build a version
    of curl with debug symbols present as then you can get a fully detailed
    stack trace.

4. If you still experience problems you can't find: write a small stand-alone
    example code that reproduces the problem and show us. Then we can build
    that, reproduce the problem and help figuring out what to do to fix it.

    If you *can't* write a small program that reproduces the issue, that's a
    rather strong indication the problem is not in libcurl...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!