Re: compilation on windows using cygwin

From: René Berber via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 19:50:22 -0500

On 5/11/2020 6:52 PM, Anand Sridharan via curl-library wrote:

> Looking to compile curl on windows to generate .exe binaries.
> openssl Headers version and lib version doesn't seem to match.
>
> is there anyway to match both and proceed with make?
>
> sh configure
> sh configure --with-ssl --with-libssl-prefix=/usr/local/ssl

Any particular reason to use a local version?

> checking for OpenSSL headers version... 1.1.1 - 0x1010101fL
> checking for OpenSSL library version... 0.9.8
> checking for OpenSSL headers and library versions matching... no

The search path contains an installed openssl (in /usr/bin, /usr/lib,
/usr/include -- yes /usr/bin which has the actual dll which in Windows
must be executable) were the headers come from (current version is
openssl-1.1.1f-1) and as your parameter specified a locally installed
[open]ssl which is version 0.9.8.

You don't need a local install, but to compile curl you do need to
additionally install Cygwin's openssl-devel-1.1.1f-1 . But you can use
either version by modifying the search path.

Actually you can check all the above by looking into config.log to see
where things come from.

--
R. Berber