Re: Update: Minimal libcurl compile for Windows; Missing flags?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 00:51:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 May 2020, Testing WunTuTri via curl-library wrote:

> I've tried grep searches on the root curl-7.70.0 folder;
>
> grep -r -i "CURL_DISABLE_" .

It would be easier to just read docs/CURL-DISABLE.md! =)

> documentation says I can make my lib as small as 90kb I guess I'm still
> missing something.

Well, 90kb is maybe not up-to-date and will depend on a lot of details and
specifics (like OS and CPU architecture). I built a miminal libcurl on a Linux
x86-64 at 139K not too long ago.

> So my question would be, do you fine folks know if there are any more MSVC
> flags I could use to make the static library even smaller?

I don't know much about MSVC, but when building on Linux there's a good chunk
of extra footprint shrinkage to gain by using the right linker options. I
would imagine it being similar on Windows.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!