How to not send TLS 1.3 Ciphers?

From: Mark Windshield via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 00:36:24 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to not send TLS 1.3 Ciphers when making a request through
libcurl (but have the option to set them), I tried compiling openssl with
'define TLS_DEFAULT_CIPHERSUITES " " ' instead of it containing the three
"default" ciphers, but when replacing openssl and using liubcurl with that
compiled version of openssl it'd always throw a SSL Connect error unless I
set at least one TLS1.3 Cipher via. CURLOPT_TLS13_CIPHERS.
What worked was compiling openssl with "-no-tls1_3", but then I was
obviously not able to set TLS1.3 Ciphers at all anymore.

I didn't find anything on the matter so I was wondering if and then how it
is possible to not send any TLS13_Ciphers, while still being able to set
them via CURLTOP_TLS13_Cipher when needed?