Re: MQTT

From: Roger Light via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 00:35:49 +0100

Hello,

I've just subscribed, so this isn't a direct reply to the MQTT post,
apologies if that breaks threading for anybody.

I've given the MQTT support a quick test and have a couple of comments.

I tried doing:

./curl 'mqtt://test.mosquitto.org/de.wsv/pegel/cm/ems/emshoern' --output -

That topic currently has a retained message with content "582". The
response I get from curl is:

curl: (8) Weird server reply
de.wsv/pegel/cm/ems/emshoern582

From what I glanced at on the twitch stream I think the focus has been
on publishing, so it's perhaps not a surprise that this isn't working.
I'm reporting in case it is expected to already be working.

I also tried both of:

./curl mqtt://test.mosquitto.org/de.wsv/#
./curl 'mqtt://test.mosquitto.org/de.wsv/#'

Which I would expect would subscribe using the multilevel wildcard
'#'. I tried both forms to try and be sure that it wasn't the shell
swallowing the #.

In wireshark I saw that the subscription topic being sent was just
'de.wsv/', so the # is being lost somewhere along the way.

Regards,

Roger