Re: Cross compiling for VRX EVO

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:38:08 +0100

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 03:19:58PM -0500, David Merinos via curl-library wrote:
> Hello. I'm in a project for a very old Verifone Terminal, a VX520C. In this
> project we require to use CURL to perform some Request to a webservice. I'm
> compiling on Windows 7, with a VRX eVo Service Development Kit.
>
> I was given a folder with some libcurl.o and a folder called curl/ and another
> folder called sys/ with some .h files in it

This doesn't sounds good. You need to find out how the libcurl.o was generated
(what compiler, what flags, what dependent libraries) before you can go any
further. Your development environment ought to be supplying those system header
files already. If you have to copy them in to the project yourself, it's a sign
of trouble.

> Soon after, I found out I needed to add a definition on my compiling. I added
> -D_VRXEVO flag and was able to compile. Loaded the app on my terminal and when
> I go to the part where I need to use CURL...my terminal gives a system error.

You're probably best off getting your development environment working with
Hello World before trying to go any further.

> I traced the error to a curl call: curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL).
> Apparently this call is making my terminal go into segmentation fault or some
> other fatal error.

This call initializes a bunch of dependent libraries, so any mismatch between
your environment and what's expected in the libcurl.o you've been given could
result in this.

> Something else I realized is that socket.h just includes vsocket.h and
> vsocket.h is blank. (just a comment saying //intentionally left blank)
> types.h is also blank. (a comment //intentionally empty)
>
> Hope someone can put me in the right direction.

You need to get a stable development environment before you can go any further.
Once you get the current software compile properly from source, you may be
better off compiling libcurl from source as well rather than using a random
.o file without the information you need to use it properly.

Dan