Re: How to get more information about error code 7

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 17:40:30 -0400

On 3/19/2020 4:30 PM, Leo Song via curl-library wrote:
> This Curl error 7 is happening intermittently, so yes I am able to
> connect to the server using the command line tool.
> Therefore, in case if this happens again in future, I want my
> application to display more error messages than just Curl error 7,
> which is why I am wondering if there is a way to add debugging log
> from openssl in libcurl.

Please don't top-post it makes the conversation hard to follow. [1]

CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION does not work unless CURLOPT_VERBOSE is enabled. [2]

CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER can sometimes be used to obtain a more detailed
error string. [3]

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#Do_Not_Top_Post
[2]: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION.html
[3]: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER.html