Re: Timer callback called excessively?!

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:13:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Andreas Bengtsson via curl-library wrote:

> I am using libcurl 7.68.0 and i am experiencing a strange issue with the
> timer function callback being called a lot during download of a file.

Do you know if this is any difference in behavior compared to previous
versions?

> When i call curl_multi_socket_action, i always get a callback on the timer
> function, even if the timer did not elapse. While downloading the timer
> callback is called approx. 3000 times / sec with the timeout set to
> 1000ms...

Ugh. Sounds like a terrible bug. Can you help us and write up a test program
that reproduces the problem?

> Am i missing something crucial here that makes my implementation of libcurl
> trigger the timer callback that often?

It should only call the timer callback if it needs to update the timer and it
really shouldn't be possible to update it that often...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!