Re: can persistent auth be disabled?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 23:59:22 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020, Whitney Jackson wrote:

> Seems like this part of curl needs some significant work. I'm thinking about
> trying to do that myself. Would a contribution that attempts to make curl's
> behavior line up with this specification be likely to be accepted?

Yes, I think so!

> Any thoughts or advice on how best to approach a contribution in this area
> of the code? For example, is there a particular person who would want to
> approve/disapprove a proposed design?

I think am that person. I don't think we have any particular negotiate auth
expert around - which also explains why the current situation is as shaky as
it is with this auth method in curl, but I know about HTTP auths and libcurl
internals in general.

Generally we don't propose changes to single inviduals, just write up and
present your proposal or idea and those who have time/energy and feel clueful
enough of the area will respond. That goes for both mailing list posts or pull
requests on github.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!