Re: Secondary certificates in Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 23:56:14 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020, Watson Ladd via curl-library wrote:

> I'm interested in implementing HTTP/2 certificate authentication in curl, in
> the manner suggested by
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-secondary-certs-05.
> Before I dive in I'm curious to know if this sounds like a good idea to
> anyone else.

I think it sounds like a good idea as I believe others will support it as
well down the line.

> While with curl you usually know exactly what certificate to use ahead of
> time, this isn't necessarily true, and secondary certs lets the
> renegotiation based flow that some sites use work with HTTP/2 and without
> renegotiation.

Yes, if we need to change or provide something new to support them, then we
just have to figure out what the best way would be and discuss it!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!