libcurl version

From: Алексей via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 23:04:58 +0300

Hello.
Would you be so kind to explain me one thing.
Iam building one github project that depends of libcurl version.

In the README.md of that project (plcontainer) written the following:

PL/Container needs libcurl >=7.40. If the libcurl version on your system is low, you need to upgrade at first. For example, you could download source code and then compile and install, following this page: Install libcurl from source. Note you should make sure the libcurl library path is in the list for library lookup. Typically you might want to add the path into LD_LIBRARY_PATH and export them in shell configuration or greenplum_path.sh on all nodes (Note you need to restart the Greenplum cluster).

But In Makefile the version is checked with curl-config --version.

In Centos 7.7.1908 there is curl with version 7.29.0 it has libcurl = libcurl.4.3.0.so static library. Of course curl-config writes libcurl 7.29.0
In curl with version 7.43.0 I've compiled from sources libcurl.4.3.0.so too.
But in 7.47.0 there is libcurl.4.5.0.so
As far as i know libcurl.4.3.0 from version 7.29.0 and libcurl.4.3.0 from version 7.43.0 are the same shared objects . At least they are compatible.
Is it true or Iam wrong?
Thanks a lot

--
Алексей Блитц