Re: curl-library Digest, Vol 174, Issue 10

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:05:33 +0100

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 04:20:31PM +0530, Nishad DESHMUKH via curl-library wrote:
> how to store that bitstream as video  file .if i want to display that
> bitstream  as video what are the ways you can  suggest ?

As I said, gstreamer is one option. It all depends on what you're trying to do.
You might be able to get away with using an existing application like ffmpeg or
vlc to download and display a video all at once and you can avoid writing any
code at all. If you want the datastream on disk to display later, you might be
able to use an existing command-line client to download via rtsp (I don't think
the curl command-line will actually do that) and display that video using any
video player application. But, if video downloading and playing is to be an
integral, embedded part of your application, then libcurl + gstreamer is
probably a good approach.