Multi and options

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 09:04:35 +0100

I have some interrogations about the options for the multi handles.

Options like HTTP_VERSION or CONNECT_TO can only be set for ordinary
handles, not for multi handles. This is documented
<https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_multi_setopt.html> and, indeed if
I try to use them, libcurl complains.

But, when handles are used for HTTP/2 streams, it seems
strange. HTTP_VERSION is "global", it is for the entire HTTP session,
not for each stream. Why is it set in the ordinary handle and not in
the multi handle? Is it because multi handles are also used to manage
multiple HTTP connections?