Re: curl doesn't handle multiple WWW-Authenticate challenges properly (Negotiate)

From: Mischa Salle via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:32:51 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 10:29 PM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2020, Mischa Salle wrote:
>
> > In short, it's primarily a documentation issue with the manpage of curl
> > itself, no longer a code issue.
>
> Thanks, I created a PR to fix it: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4862

thanks!

Just for completeness, I had a further look into the multiple
Authorization headers and this is indeed *not* allowed according to
the specs, neither as multiple Authorization headers, nor as a single
comma separated one: Following
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-3.2.2 we are required to
bundle them into a single comma separated list (unless we consider it
a well known exception), and
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235#section-4.2 and
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235#section-2.1 shows that you cannot
combine them into such a list since credentials cannot have more than
one auth-scheme. This matches what one of the authors (Julian Reschke)
answered on stackoverflow (e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/a/29288935).

Best wishes,
Mischa