Change: Make default EXPECT_100_THRESHOLD 1Mb

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 10:35:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi everyone!

I just want to highlight this change that we're about to merge and ship in the
next curl release. With this PR [4814] Fumiyuki Kato bumps the
EXPECT_100_THRESHOLD from 1024 to 1048576.

This threshold is the limit libcurl uses to decide whether to include the
"Expect: 100-continue" header automatically in HTTP POST requests. If the body
is larger than this, the header is included (unless explcitly disabled by the
user).

The Expect: header is often and commonly reason for grief and problems. This
way it will be reduced someone since it'll be used less frequently.

I think a downside *might* become that it'll now be so rare so it'll be even
more surprising when users notice it is used in the requests that is larger
than EXPECT_100_THRESHOLD...

4814 = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4814

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!