SSL session ID reuse - clarification needed

From: Daniel Jeliński via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 21:21:04 +0100

Hi all,
I see that libcurl supports SSL session ID cache already, unless
CURLOPT_SSL_SESSIONID_CACHE is cleared. However, I'm having a hard
time finding information about the scope of session ID reuse:
- Are session IDs reused only within an easy handle or globally for
all handles within the application?
- Does libcurl keep a mapping between host names and session IDs? As
far as I can tell, openSSL does not.
Thanks,
Daniel