Re: Funding curl up attendance

From: Daniel Gustafsson via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:03:39 +0100

> On 27 Nov 2019, at 09:41, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2019, James Fuller wrote:
>
>> what about using this kind of thing to sponsor students to attend ?
>
> Yes, I think students could apply too as per the second bullet under "Who is eligible".
>
> I still want students who apply to actually be interested in curl and the curl project, so I want to have some kind of "bar" for that. Hence the mention of a pull-request "or other contributiion".

Given the type, and size, of the event I agree that some form of contribution
(in whichever form it has been done) should be required for applying.

> Should we make it more explicit for students?

I'm not sure if we need to make it more explicit, but if we make funding
students in some way different then maybe we should add that a proof of
enrollment is required?

cheers ./daniel