Re: DOH: retrieving an RRset from a child node

From: Niall O'Reilly via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:07:13 +0000

On 20 Nov 2019, at 14:10, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> SVCB is what the current ESNI draft wants, right? (btw there's now a
> poll going for what to name those new records over at:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2019OctDec/0117.html
> )

IIUC, SVCB will be published at a prefix node, and HTTPSSVC is intended
to be a special flavour of SVCB which will be published at the node
corresponding to the hostname.

> Seems straight forward and sensible to me!

I just submitted a PR. The big half of the effort was for the unit test.

> The TXT records for old-draft- ESNI that cloudflare will soon stop
> providing?

For some value of “soon”. Until we have names and code-points agreed
for the
new QTYPEs, TXT seems worth working with.

/Niall