Re: How to build for Android

From: Andreas Falkenhahn via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 22:10:09 +0100

On 17.03.2019 at 23:54 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Mar 2019, Andreas Falkenhahn via curl-library wrote:

>> However, in docs/INSTALL there doesn't seem to be any Android section at
>> all?! Nor is there any word on how to build for Android. So where can I
>> learn about those "alternate methods"?

> If someone brings an instruction for this, we'll add it to our documentation.
> We can only document what we know and have been informed about. I personally
> don't know a lot about building for Android.

> Googling for this topic there seems to be a few different instructions "out
> there" but I'm not able to tell which ones out of them that are good... =(

I've just managed to build curl for Android using OpenSSL and I've written
some instructions for others who want to do the same thing. It's all in this
pull request: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4606

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andreas_at_falkenhahn.com